Sometime during the dark night of the soul, none of my old tricks seemed to work. As I watch the storm and the darkness wrapping around my brain and my heart, the scale number went up. As I tossed and turned through the darkness of the starless night, the old nemesis, the ripper, was cackling by my head. I knew the feeling, I’ve been here before. There is a way out, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t reach the door to the other side.
So, I reached out for help. That’s how I met my friend and teacher Julieanna Hever (M.S., R.D., C.P.T., also known as The Plant-Based Magician). Julieanna’s passionate approach to life and food changed my life. To be honest, it was not an easy path. Nonetheless, it is a long story for another time.
So, in this blog, I will share the benefits of the plant-based diet.
Bonus: an interview with a celebrity Nutritionist
Plant-based – what shall I eat every day?
Each Sunday, I plan my weekly menus based on the following:
- 3x = leafy green and cruciferous vegetables (1x = 1 serving – 1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked)
- 1x = other Vegetables (1x = serving = 1/2 cup)
- 1x = fruits (1x = 1 medium piece or 1 cup)
- 1/2x = legumes (1/2x = 1/2 cup lentils, peas, all beans, hummus, tofu)
- 1 tbs nuts and seeds (I have to be super vigilant here, easy to binge on nuts. So, as my friend recommended, I make delicious nut dressings)
For more information, visit PlantBasedDietitian.com
Why is a plant-based diet the best?
- Weight loss
- No more cravings
- Addiction Free Diet
- More zest for life
- Grocery bill down to $150.00
- Clear skin
So, what are you waiting for? Give it a shout and comment with your results below.