Supercharge your body and shed pounds quickly with a 3-day detox plan.
Would you like to feel good, get more energy without spending hours in the kitchen?
If you’ve been following my blog, you know about my food and weight struggles. I am a horrible decision maker and I am lazy. So, my goal is to get 80% benefits with 20% effort in life and in my kitchen. I like to keep things simple, healthy and yummy!
3-Day Secret Eating Rule
- Eat a few pieces of dark chocolates every day [before 2:00 pm].
- When eating, focus on food texture, smell, color [no TV, no phone].
- No snacking.
- Be kind to yourself and others [do your thing, don’t push your agenda on anyone].
- Drink plenty of water and tea [my favorite: ginger, hibiscus].
- Prepare mentally and physically. You might have to fight with your loved ones and your friends. But, the hardest battle is the one where you fight your best friend and your worst enemy – yourself! On the other hand, what do you get to lose?
Just 3 days! Give it a shot.
3 Kickass Kitchen Tools
I have 3 tools in my kitchen. And I’ve used them for over 10 years.
- Vitamix – a high-speed blender for smoothies, soups, and dressings.
- Pressure-cooker – for potatoes, quinoa, rice, and beans.
- Le Creuset Cast-Cast Pan – for heating up and sauteing veggies.
Schedule At A Glance:
- Wake up, move for at least 10 minutes.
- Have a glass of warm lemon water.
- Have your first meal [wait until you are really hungry].
- The second meal is your heaviest [suggested time: between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm]
- The last meal is very light [skip on the 3rd day]
- Practice intermittent fasting. It is a great weight-loss tool. I promise you won’t die if you skip dinner or breakfast! You need to give your body enough time between meals. So, try to extend the overnight fast as long as you can, by making sure you don’t eat until you are really hungry each morning.
Breakfast: Green Goddess Smoothie
- 1/3 cup of pineapple
- 1/5 cup of water
- 3 leaves of kale
- Preparation: dump all the ingredients in Vitamix. Blend on 3/4 for 2 minutes.
Lunch: Veggie and Mung Beans Jumble
- Sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup of Sprouted Mung Beans
- Vegan seaweed strips
- Preparation: It takes about 15 minutes to prepare. Cut potatoes into smaller pieces, add spices and 1/2 cup of water. Cook for 6 minutes on high-pressure with natural pressure release. In the meantime, add mung beans and spices to 1 cup of boiled water, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Dinner: Simply Quinoa
- Flax Seeds
Preparation: Add quinoa and water to boil, add spices, lower the heat and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. You can use any veggies or salads to serve. Or, use a pressure cooker for 2-minutes on high pressure and 10-minutes with natural pressure release.
Breakfast: Berry Me SOFLY!
- 2 cups of mixed frozen or fresh berries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2-3 cups of water
- Preparation: dump all the above into Vitamix, blend on 3/4 for the desired consistency.
Lunch: Jumbo Salad
- Half a plate full of kale or any green leaf base.
- Add some cruciferous veggies (red cabbage, radishes, or broccoli),
- carrots celery tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1/5 cup chickpeas or any other beans
- whole-wheat toast
- Preparation: Just mixed it all up. Prepare beans the day before with pressure cooker or according to the package. Try not to use canned beans, but if there are no fresh around, go ahead.
- 1 cup of any cut fruit or berries
- 1 cup of crunchy carrots
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- Preparation: Arrange all the ingredients on your plate. Make it pretty.
Breakfast: Qucky Me Rice Cake
- 1 or 2 rice cake(s)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup Any Berries
- Cacao Nibs
- String Beans
- Preparation: smear avocado over the rice cake and top with cacao nibs and berries.
Lunch: So Nice Rice N’ Beans
- 1 cup of dry red kidney beans (3 cups of water)
- ½ cup of brown rice to 1 cup of water
- ½ avocado
- Greens (spinach, kale or any other dark leafy greens)
Preparation: This takes about 20 minutes. The pressure cooker lets you to cook beans without presoaking. You may add garlic, celery, sprigs of fresh herbs or a bay leaf may be added for additional flavor. Cook using “High Pressure” for 35 minutes for un-soaked beans, followed by the Natural Pressure Release. Rince rice and mix with water, bring to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. You can use fresh salad, or water sauté spinach.
Skip dinner or if super hungry in body and not the mind, have some veggies and hand-full of nuts.
You might guess that 3-days is just the beginning of the journey. What makes you wanna make a life-lasting change? To some, it is a slow and gradual change. Others prefer going “cold turkey.”
If you like slower path, add more plant-based food and cut out bad foods.
If you enjoyed eating a plant-based diet and would like to make it a part of your life. Here some free resources to consider: