At the lowest point in my weight loss journey, I found myself in the midst of a dark night of the soul. None of my old tricks seemed to work. As I watched the storm and the darkness wrapping around my brain and my heart, the number on the scale kept going up. As I tossed and turned through the darkness of the starless night, my old nemesis was cackling in my head. I knew the feeling; I had been here before. There is a way out, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t reach the door to the other side.
So, I reached out for help. That’s how I met my friend and teacher Julieanna Hever (M.S., R.D., C.P.T., also known as The Plant-Based Dietitian). Julieanna’s passionate approach to life and food changed my life. To be honest, it was not an easy path, and it is a long story for another time. Nonetheless, the Plant-Based Diet truly changed my life for the better.
In this blog, I will share the benefits of a plant-based diet, as well as my daily intake.
What Shall I Eat Every Day? The 6 Daily 3’s with Julieanna Hever
Each Sunday, I plan my weekly menus based on the following:
- 3x = leafy green and cruciferous vegetables (1x = 1 serving – 1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked)
- 1x = Other Vegetables (1x = serving = 1/2 cup)
- 1x =Fruits (1x = 1 medium piece or 1 cup)
- 1/2x = Legumes (1/2x = 1/2 cup lentils, peas, all beans, hummus, tofu)
- 1 tbs Nuts and seeds (I have to be super vigilant here because it is easy to binge on nuts. So, as my friend recommended, I make delicious nut dressings)
Why is a plant-based diet the best?
Weight loss! As you can see, I experienced unprecedented weight loss when starting my plant-based diet and I am still going strong! Additionally, I have experienced the following benefits:
- No more cravings
- Addiction Free Diet
- More zest for life
- Grocery bill down to $150.00
- Clear skin
So, what are you waiting for? Give it a shout and comment with your results below.